Saturday, August 20, 2016

Time

I think the best gift you can give someone is your time. You only have so much. You have numbered heartbeats, countable breaths and a measurable impact.

I think the best gift you can receive from someone is their time. They only have so much and yet they are giving it to you. They are not giving you 5 minutes, or half an hour. They are giving you 350 beats of their heart, 600 breaths.

Time of course isn't always just given and received. Sometimes it's taken. It's a boyfriend who promised forever but ended it. It's a disease spreading through your cells. It's a murderer stalking prey in the night. The true thieves of time, cutting your heartbeats short, lowering your breath count, taking what you never meant to give so much of.

3 comments:

  1. I tagged you for something on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to your blog because of Sunset^ and wow.

    I am breathless.

    Your writing is absolutely stunning!

    Mind checking out my blog some time:
    www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    Lexie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. Yes, I'll most definitely check out your blog. :D

      Delete

Letter From an Old Poet

 I Day two thousand  one hundred and ninety-one. Our little blue marble has made one modest revolution  around our honey-sweet sun  si...